Family Advent Calendar
A Meaningful Family Advent Calendar
As the year unfolds towards its most magical season – Christmas, make each day exciting for your kids by creating a homemade advent calendar filled with daily surprises. Advent calendars date back to the 19th century when religious families marked each day in December with a chalk stroke in anticipation of Christmas. Other families lit candles or hung little pictures on the wall for each of the 24 days until Christmas.
If you’re looking for a way to carry out this traditional family activity, a simple and easy-to-do fabric-chain link calendar is the perfect idea for your kids to get involved and have a memorable countdown. Link a series of fabric and paper chains that each unbutton to reveal the family holiday activity for the day. Activities can range from driving around the neighborhood to admire outdoor Christmas lights to drinking thick hot chocolate with marshmallows and reading Biblical Christmas stories. Doing something every day as a family helps the kids appreciate what advent is all about.
- Hello world!
- Have Fun Cooking With Your Kids
- The Best Ways to Spend Time with Your Child are Free
- Treating Diaper Rash Effectively
- Where to Put All Those Stuffed Animals!
- No More Crib: Time for a Toddler Bed
- Healthy Snacks for Kids
- Holiday Crafting for Kids
- Tips for Choosing Toys for Kids
- Opening up Your Child to the Wonders of the World